- How is the drop in sugar
- How much insulin should be given?
- Avoid too much hypoglycemia.
- Keep sweets with you during exercise.
- There is a slight variation in response to exercise in different patients.
- Avoiding hypoglycemia.
Before starting an exercise plan
- Are you planning for light exercise or strenuous exercise?
- How much insulting is injected?
- What is the baseline sugar?
- Be prepared to have hypoglycemia.
- Check post-exercise glucose and forecast, how many drops in glucose with type and length of activity.
- If your glucose is in the lower range( like 100-110 mg/dl) take some carbohydrate snake before starting exercise.
When to consult your doctor
- If repeated episodes of hypoglycemia.
- If you are not able to handle the blood glucose ie too high or too low.